Thursday, July 29, 2010

Put the Needle on the Record

I cannot express the elation I have been feeling lately. It's not because I'm now making more money, or I've discovered some long lost artifact at a garage sale. Nothing like that.

I've been writing.

Exciting, isn't it? It's all part of an online group called The Red Dress Club and it's a group of women writers who get together and write from a common meme (similar to a story prompt exercise). On Fridays there is a link party- we all post links to our stories and then read the posts. We offer critiques, advice, attagirls, et cetera, and I must admit that finding this has really jumpstarted me creatively. I've done two of the the three memes offered (missed one, but I will still write it and post it here) and have started on a few other editing projects and stories.

So thank you, Ericka and Cheryl, for creating the RDC site and awakening my inner Godzilla-writer. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some stories that need tending.

2 comments:

  1. I am a newbie to the RDC too and am so excited! Thanks for coming to my blog & commenting on my short story. I'm your newest follower and about to read yours right now!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a member too, but I still have yet to write one of the meme. Loved your story. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete